Shopping in Lazada

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Market Chat

Been to few talks last week, among the most interesting will be the Market Chat organized by Hong Leong Bank and Bursa Malaysia. I personally learn some thing new from this talk and keep myself update with the current market. But I wonder, how come most of the people shown up are uncles and aunties. I think I am among the very few youngster in the 20s.

Well, the first thing I learned is about trading future which I think is more like gambling. The reason why I said so is because you are judging the movement of KLCI and decide whether you wanna buy it up or down. For example like last week, if you can predict KLCI going to dip down below 1500 on Friday and buy in when it hits 1520 on Wednesday. You would have earn Rm50 per index point and Rm50 x 20points= RM1000. However, I don't know what will happen if it continues up and didn't dip down in case you buy it down.


Next, I also found out that HL Ebroking offering very cheap trading fee to the minimum of RM8 per trade. I consulted my brothers and we both wonder whether its a nominee account or not since nominee account normally enjoy less like not receiving vouchers and less dividend. However, its great to know that HL Ebroking offering a lot that you can find it out yourself from the link below:
http://www.hlb.com.my/eb/ebroking/ebroking.jsp?flag=ebroking


To my surprise, the talk also offer free buffet dinner since I didn't manage to have mine before going for the talk. Haha. The last but not least is the speaker from HL investment bank that really inform me a lot with the current market.


The few stuffs I recalled was the worry for the current market- he highlighted about the effect of Japanese earthquake and Middle east riots that he advised people to stay away from market until it is clear that Middle East problem are settle especially Arab Saudi which already shown some signs of instability.


He mentioned about hot money pouring in from Middle East to countries in South East asian like Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia. Since these countries are relatively stable, these Middle East tycoon will invest in stock markets or bond especially in Islamic related stocks. Due to these so called Syariah stocks mostly involve in property sector, Malaysia will probably heading toward a surge in house price in around June 2011 if the hot money continue coming in. I definitely hope this is not true because I haven't got mine. Imagine a double stories terrace shoot up million, how is a normal teacher like me going to buy one?


He also used a lot of terms that I don't really understand like CPI and bla bla since I am still novice in this field. He mentioned of US policy and some crisis that might happen if the policy is carried out that I don't know much either. He also mentioned of foreign holding in our stock market that is still considered high and impossible to overrun 27% in 2007 - he reminds us on the issue of election year that most dislike because of unforeseen result.


He ended the speech with few stocks that he recommended:
1. Airasia
2. HSL
3. KSL
4. TM
5. Time Dot Com
6. Mudajaya
7. CIMB
8. Maybank
( just a recommendation, buy at your own risk)

Its quite funny when an uncle asked the speaker to narrow down to 2 stocks and the speaker reply- "
If I can do that, then I won't be working".

Haha. I personally like the last sentence.


No comments:

Post a Comment