Shopping in Lazada

Friday, June 4, 2010

My Proton Saga SE experience


I bought my own first car end of last year and guess what- I pick Proton Saga Se manual. While most of my friends go against my decision saying Proton is a problematic Malaysia product. I still consider my own and make my decision after surveying around and ask some friends who own Saga for some time.


I personally think this car is not bad at all. With cool stylish appearance and spacious interior, I think most guy will prefer Saga rather than Myvi which I think rather suitable for girls instead. With leather seat and extra skirting , this car cost me 44k.

However, nothing is perfect and here I share my own experience about this car after having it for half a year. Below is my own comment about Proton Saga:
a) this car is rather high fuel consumption- around 10-14km/liter depend on your driving style. I think may be it is normal for a car with 1300cc since last time I only drove smaller car like kancil and daihatsu which really low in fuel consumption.

b) the door of the car always got sound 'tik tik' when going through rather rough road. The door sometime also jam making it hard to open especially after sun bathing for whole day. May be the high temperature cause it to jam. Well, I don't really know what cause it for sure but most of the time, it function properly.

c) I think Proton Service center is another problem that deter people for buying it. Because back in Kuching, the 3s service center never open on Sunday. The most is only open half day on Saturday. Compare with the 2nd national car, Perodua did their service rather good with opening even on public holiday and their service charge also much cheaper than Proton.

d) the engine is rather noisy especially when you firstly start the engine. I always start the engine a couple of minutes before I drive it out when the sound of "tek tek" turn less a bit. I think this sound coming from the timing belt or IAFM and I actually go through some video clip in youtube that also share the same experience as me.


So far after six months of driving it, I only change a default door glass and its lock. The glass was found a bit crack and if you found your car do have a crack or any default, find your sales agent as soon as possible especially if you bought your car just a while. Never wait till first service because you will soon have a lot troubles convincing your sales agent that this crack is not cause by you. Always check whether there is any default when you firstly get your car. Here is all my advice, please leave a comment so that we can share and learn together.

No comments:

Post a Comment